Mission and Vision
Your HOA board is very excited to be serving our community. In order to best serve the needs of our neighborhood we feel we need to be aligned on the vision we have for the community. We all have a part to play in making our neighborhood the best it can be. To that end, we are providing you our vision for Barkers Landing.
The Homeowners Association Board envisions Barkers Landing as a community we are all proud to call home - a community of friendly, caring and respectful neighbors, who cooperate and help each other to uphold and grow the value of our properties as well as our family, friends and community relationships.
The HOA board plays a significant role in leading the community in realizing this vision. The mission of your HOA board is:
To preserve and enhance our community by providing a beautiful well-maintained, safe and neighborly environment for the common benefit and enjoyment of all homeowners.
In the execution of this mission, there are values that drive our actions and will help us realize our vision.
VALUES we uphold:
- Dedication – Recognize the needs of the community over personal interests
- Respect – Value and embrace the experiences and opinions of others
- Integrity – Perform the duties of the Board and of a member through an honest and principled approach to decisions
- Volunteer – Encourage active participation of all members of the association
- Equality – Value the diversity of our neighborhood
Finally, there are guiding principles and expectations that should guide board actions and neighbor interactions.
Guiding Principles for BLHOA Board Members
- Listen to the concerns of the neighborhood and take a fair, ethical and objective approach in representing the interest of all homeowners
- Communicate to homeowners in a timely manner through appropriate channels
- Conduct business with transparency by providing financials, agendas and minutes
- Make and implement responsible decisions regarding the use of funds and assets of the association
- Uphold the Declarations, Covenants, Articles, By-laws, deed restrictions, and policies of the association
- Protect and enhance the value of the neighborhood by maintaining all common areas
- Work with association members in a professional, objective, and ethical manner
- Continually seek improvement opportunities
- Encourage collaborative participation through opportunities for community activities and committees involving the membership
- Work in cooperation with the associations of Barker Court and Barker Place to enhance the sense of community in the neighborhood
BLHOA Member Expectations:
- Be a good neighbor, association member second. There is no better substitute than to resolve issues as neighbors
- Volunteer. Volunteer efforts beyond the normal commitment of being a resident are encouraged and essential to a thriving neighborhood
- Property Maintenance. Each home/property owner will maintain the common areas and their respective property in a manner that complements and doesn’t detract from the value of other properties or common areas
- Common Good. Evaluate issues on their merit to the Association and in accordance with our vision, mission, and values – not with regard to any particular interest group
- Continual Improvement – Endeavor to evolve as an association with the changing times through the policies and decisions we make, in accordance with our Declarations, Covenants, Articles and By-laws